Stags Head.

Last Year I visited the V&A museum with my family whilst up in London looking at Uni's. In the little shop there they were selling stag heads. This has recently become a new trend especially in small businesses and websites like 'not on the high street . My Mum instantly fell in love with them and we all thought that this style of decor would go perfectly in our country cottage house.

Seeing as these were hundreds of pounds, we decided against the idea of purchasing as they were only made of cardboard! So for ages now I have had a secret plan to make my mum one and after about a year I've finally gotten round to doing it and thought I'd make it as part of her Christmas present.

I had wrapped it up in a big box (that I got from our oven door :p ours broke at uni thanks to some drunken housemates 'spinning'... don't ask :p) so perfectly wrapped it lay under the Christmas tree, the excitement building up inside me. This is what I was most excited about on Christmas day, my mum opening her present. Finally I couldn't wait any longer so I made her open it, and it now proudly hangs on top of our mantle piece in the lounge :).

 How I made the Stag Head:
 Viola!

I am now selling these on my Blog shop, Please visit lebellebow.bigcartel.com to view

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is really cool and cute at the same time :) Really thoughtful idea as well for your mom, can't believe the price of them :O

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is so cool! I love how you can personalize it with whatever yo want, I'd use fashion magazines!

    Dan x
    http://trendingfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for your mum. It's so cool as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!

    PS. We've a $75 Shoe Giveaway on our blog! Check it out!

    ox from NYC!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete