little ladies who lunch.

I think when I'm older I'm going to be one of those ladies who goes out for picnics with the girls/the family, accessorized with the picnic sets from Laura Ashley and wicker picnic baskets. Gingham blankets, straw hats and 50's dresses galore!

Already my old age is approaching me! For my 18th birthday party I had just this. Complete with shabby chic decorations form the house brought out in the garden, parasols, blankets, cushions and lots of canopés and cake! My outfit for the special day

I had all the girls and the family over for afternoon tea. I made coffee and walnut cake, Mochachino Brownies, Vanilla Butterfly cupcakes, amazing Banana Cake with help from my Papa and my lovely Mumma made mini jam tarts, perfect for little ladies who love to lunch. The girls came over around 3 (just as I had finished cooking so I had quite a busy stressful morning tottering around in my cath kidson apron and party dress, feeling like a proper housewife).

We had Sandwiches, tuna on cucumber, smoked salmon blinis and home made guacamole  to start, before we made our way on to the mass consumption of cake! I'm very proud of all my girlies who managed to polish everything up with no complaining of calories, (well on Sunday at least, not sure how everyone was feeling Monday morning...). in the evening we opened a bottle of Cava after spraying it all over my friends (whoops) we all had a lovely chat and a lovely evening snuggled up in blankets with fairy lights and candles.


13 comments:

  1. Your dress is too cute! Obsessed with your garden party theme! It looks soo cute! Happy Birthday!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing party theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress, looks so pretty on you.
    I think the afternoon tea party looks like so much fun and love the decorations that you have added :)
    Nicole xx
    www.fromnicolewithlove.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you've stumbled upon my blog - your style is so cute. i love it! and i love your blog as well.
    consider yourself followed back! :)

    and your party looks so fun - happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty....looks like you had fun....Oh and I looove your red hair......

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some of the most darling decorations for a garden party ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely time! And the dress is gorge on you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goshhh your birthday sounds adorable! i love all the sweet little decorations- and that cake looks so yummy. you dressed so cute, i'd be one of those grandmas too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am crazy in love with this dress -- its gorgeous on you! what a fun lunch xo


    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks super cute <3 my kind of thing!
    http://floral-etiquette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this dress its gorgeousss! Hope you had a fabulous Birthday xx

    ReplyDelete