IOW 2012.

Hello pretty ladies (and handsome gentlemen)! hows everyone doing? I'm confident summer is finally here! Wooo so I'm feeling pretty goood and waking out my summery wardrobe. Sorry its been ages between posts lately I've have such a busy week! So after finishing all my exams (woopiie!) I am now a lady of leisure getting a bit fed up of day time TV but there we go, there's only so much of Dickinson's real deal I can take!

So my past week, having lazy days at home, meeting with friends and looking forward to finishing my exams. Standard week really..... Thursday night my sister calls me up and surprises me with tickets to IOW festival for the Friday-Sunday! I managed to book the day off work, luckily! there was no way I was missing out on this opportunity!. so for my first festival i saw the likes of Noah and the Whale, Labrinth, Jessie J, Dry the River (new fave!!!) and of course the headline act, the boss... Mr Bruce Springsteen! after thinking I wouldn't really like him that much my dad saying he was quite 'rocky' he was by far THEEE best of the entire weekend. he got the crowd going so much and it was such an amazing end to a fabulous weekend of Pimms Great music and pooey port- loos (not so fabulous but and experience I must say will unfortunately not be leaving my mind any time soon!) here's a few snaps from the weekend and tips on festival fashion!

 Lebellebow's top 5 Festival tips:

1. Make sure your wellies do NOT leak! no matter how fashionable you may think they are, do ensure they are completely mud and waterproof!

2. Layers. Top tip from my sister who has been many a time. Thinking I'd look super cool in my tops high waisted shorts and knee high socks. this was a big mistake to make! Unfortunately last weekend was pretty chilly, although we did have a few sunny spells and ended up coming home looking like a tomato! layers is the key. I wore leggings under my shorts and a few pairs of socks (party to absorb the mud from my leaky welly! :L) but also to keep me nice and toasty in the evenings.

Take vests tops cardigans jumpers and hoodies and wear as much as you can! I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would have done on evening one simply because I was utterly freezing!

A woolly hat and a rain coat are also a must have item!

3. Hair accessories. Pretty flower garlands and straw hats are a great way to festivalise your outfit. you can buy these around the festival or from stores in the high street, or even make your own!

Lebellebow's DIY tip:
You will need: strip of floers from a fabric shop, Ivy twigs from the garden, and garden wire or string.
and all you need to do is simply wrap the flowers and wire around the ivy and secure with wire at the back making it into a circle garland to fit around your head :). Neatooo eh?

4. Avoid Playsuits. they look awesome, but when in a hurry for the loo, it takes a while to get them off = spending unnecessary time in the smelly portas. Its really not pleasant!

5. Be as individual as possible! Stand out from the crowd and just have a great time.

8 comments:

  1. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEe this post. One of my faves, the photos look AMAZING. did you finally get a computer at Eds?

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wooo i love it too!! :D

      oh no he had a laptop, just didn't have powerpoint, hes downloading it for me tonight, but i managed to do this on on picmonkey ;).

      its our anniversary today :D
      x

      Delete
  2. looks like you had so much fun! wish I could have gone, it looks amaaazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah was soo good :D. my sister got us free tickets though so i was super lucky to have been able to actually go x

      Delete
  3. Fab post! I love the way you wrote it and laid everything out. Looks like you had a lovely time in IOW! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) i think im starting to get my own style and getting the hang of it all now :) some times i just feel like i waffle on a load of rubbish! :L haha
      x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had so much fun - some great pics too. I'm slightly ashamed to admit I've never been to a festival :( The leaky wellie tip made me chuckle - hopefully you've not ended up with trench foot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know last weekend was my first one! :) so worth it was amazing :D.

      apart from the leaky welly...that wasnt fun and i dont think ive got it which is all good :L x

      Delete